Thursday, March 21, 2013

DEATH/INSIDE


This maybe. Yes this could be the death of me. The last breath from me. You should rescue me. But instead you stand and neglect me, disrespect me. You resort to childish games and insult me. You took me for granted and just fought me. You viewed my love as a mere light switch. So you just flicked and flicked because you knew you would hear the click. No you assumed that i would click. But over time you made me tick. My switch begins to stick. So instead of using more work to remove the stick. You level off a distance and we begin to disconnect. You should try to work to fix it. But you insist on infidelity. You persist in foolish fantasies. You bring about impurities. You entertain the world you left for me. Just so that you could say that you still have it. Or just to prove that i wasnt the total package.
*sigh*
Inside i burn with a rage. A rage beyond comprehension. I rage that i dare not mention. The heat compression like a million sun. My muscles melt from bulging flames. My skin blisters and boils. My eyes no longer safe. Love consumed by the discontent of disappointment. Time spent, thought to be love. Now seen as time wasted, time that could have been spent with another. Fueled with the want, the need, the drive to be so devious. I dwell on the emotions that i used to cherish. I curse the moments we used to embellish. Both fist clinched tightly, muscles infused with the anger and rage. My mind only seeks to keep the tears away. I try and fight, but why i cannot have i must destroy. For in my eyes you love is mine, you heart is mine, and the words that crushed are nothing more.
*smh*
*relax*
So to acknowledge whats next is rather difficult to do. Instead i believe, no i encourage that the next is better than you. I will give my all once more, i will not allow your actions to taint. For there is no need for my next to feel the grudge from your mistakes. I will love with a new love. I will laugh with a new heart. I will soak my aspirations in the love of improvisation. I will make the best of what i have and be all that i can be. So if you view my love as something new then your love must have been untrue. So in this, i will say "I DO". Not to what once was. Not to the past i left. But to what i believed and the strength that got me through.

from the RESURRECTION by:
($(DloSth)$)
DeAngelo Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment